The Domain and Realms National Site

There's magick in believing...

Domain Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > People of the Domain and Realms

ShadowDarkFyre Erebus Olorin Daeron
Site Owner

I hope you all have had a blessed Equinox, Samhain, Thanksgiving, Yule, Christmas, and New Year... I trust they have been times of love, peace, magick, and safety...

I've been quiet for the most part this year... I've even neglected to bring Parliament to order, make announcements, and many things that have been expected of me... There has been much to process, observe, and think about, amid life responsibilities... Job, a move, losses, and gains... Amid the concerns of life, however, the Multiverse and the Divine, the spirits and the Gods, Nature... They speak still to those who volunteer to the responsibility of magick and guardianship, and those who are drafted... I suppose I've been, and still am, both... As have many of you...

Sixteen years, I have worked to try and do my part, as others in the world have been doing, to bring people together... To build alliances... To bridge gaps that have been perceived insurmountable... To defend the defenseless... And, in what passes for idealism in my mind, to help bring about a new golden age of belief, magick, respect, and understanding... And to help heal the cracks I and others have often seen within the magickal community... Because we are mortal, after all... And are plagued with amnesia, pettiness, and the penchant for fucking up, peppering our ability for good... Both angels and monsters alike... At times, I tried too hard, while at others, not hard enough... I've been labeled tyrant, cultist, asshole, brute, and a host of other names, because I go against what many of you deem comfortable... Whether out of fear, anger, apathy, or whatever reason, these things have been said... It's p[art of the territory... When you are a leader, you are damned either way... I knew what I signed up for sixteen years ago... I have few regrets...

For as many of you that remain, more than you have come and gone in the decade and a half since the Domain was formed... We are the last of our kind to enter the scene of micronations who formed to bring magickfolk together... We are among the last who remain... All of us have formed for the reasons I've stated... And one more...

For decades, many magickfolk across the board have spoken of the Storm they've felt on the supernatural horizon... Of the War we all knew, denial or no, would come... Things that have been forgotten... Things ignored... Things hoped to not exist... Things the Gods and ancients have warned us about... Things the seers and sages foretold... In the sixteen years since the Domain was formed, I've been aware and had brought to my attention how many bullets this world has dodged on the road to this War, even in the very year our nation was brought into being: things that took the gods to stop in times long ago... The past decade or so, I've heard people use the terms, "the calm before the Storm"... That calm may soon be at and end...

Years ago, I set within the Articles of the Arad Doman - our High Laws - Article XVI: the Alert system... To indicate what state the Domain is in... Green for peacetime... Yellow for readiness and wariness, as we've been for a decade... Red for war... As of today, the Domain is at Red Alert... What this means for us is more than just facing a threat, for threat it is... More than just being prepared, for there was never going to be time enough to be prepared... Twilight comes... Why we stand is to hold till the dawn, for the dawn will come... But we must stand for it... And fight for it...

What Twilight Squires remain will be Knighted... What Nobles and Knights that remain will be given their marching orders... Those who are disabled, you are exempt from duty... Those who want out will be relieved of duty... You must choose your own fates, and face the destinies that come as a result of those choices... All I can do is wish you well... To those that stay, if you wish to be a Knight, contact me... For Knights I need... Warriors, healers, teachers... Knights on and all... We - both on our own, and with the other nations and groups that have risen up - are not going to be enough... We never were going to be enough, perhaps... When the hit comes, and it may only be a few years from now, it may end up being like Helm's Deep of fantasy, or Thermopylae of history... None can say... Perhaps it matters not how many we are, but what we do...

Nobility, report to the site - http://thedomainandrealms.webs.com - for business will be conducted there as to preparedness and strategies: whether or not you've already done so... If you cannot remember how to get in, make yourselves new accounts... Again, if this is too much for you, speak up and recuse yourselves... Do not stay in something you do not believe in... To all of you, practice, update, and build on what you know of magickal defense, offense, theory, and practice... Arm yourselves and enchant your armaments accordingly... Armor, talismans, protective clothing, swords, athames, wands, staves, firearms, energy devices... Weaponize... As all of you know, it is all about intent... And the intent is defense and battle now... Whether you be Commoner, Knight, or Noble, to stand, to defend, and to fight will soon be the order of the day... If help is needed, contact me... I will do as I can... A few I've already armed in the past couple of years... I have plenty of supplies... Otherwise, go to your nearest enchanted forests and speak with the trees...

I hope you forgive me for my silences, mistakes, and failures of the past... I have done, and will continue to do, my best... In war or in peace, peace or in war, I am ever your guardian... I bid you stand, not just for yourselves, but for each other... And, as always, believe...

Face the future, even as you prepare for the War, with hope... Hope for the dawn after the darkest part of the journey, and for the countless sunrises of all our tomorrows... The tomorrow we face we may truly fight,... so we rise today...

To you, my Domani, Good Dreaming, Blessed Be, and may the road rise to meet you...

On Guard, and in His Name...

-ShadowDarkFyre Erebus Olorin Daeron the LordVengeance, ur-Lord

Darkness of the Endless

--

Good Dreaming to you,... and Blessed Be...

January 1, 2018 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mala Moragain

Sorry, I just saw your email.  I will keep my eyes peeled for further correspondence.

January 13, 2018 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.